The expressive, mainly large formatted and brightly coloured paintings of artist Bianca Froese-Acquaye leave no option to the viewer: softly but firmly they direct their eyes to the expressive compositions while making clear: these paintings develop a hypnotic life of their own.
With an unusual eruptive impulsiveness, Bianca Froese-Acquaye’s pictures tell stories from worlds of surreal dreams and feelings, from archaic sources of her own unique mentality and spirituality, talking through neo-cubist and abstract elements: a universal language which through its harmonic and predominantly pure colour compositions does not need translation.
In 2001 the well-known electronic band Tangerine Dream commissioned a cycle of 16 Paintings to the theme of ‘The Divine Comedy – Inferno/Purgatorio/Paradiso’ for CD-covers-artwork.
Diverse exhibitions in Germany and abroad as i.e. (no full listing):
– 2002 Dorint Hotel Gendarmenmarkt (Berlin, Germany)
– 2004 moq-ART NOW Gallery (Berlin, Germany)
– 2005 Theater Brandenburg (Germany)
– 2006 URANIA (Vienna, Austria)
– 2010 London (Private Event, UK)
– 2016 Haus der Berliner Festspiele (Berlin, Germany)
– 2016 MORGENSTERN-STIFTUNG (Berlin, Germany)
– 2017 Haus der Berliner Festspiele (Berlin, Germany)
– 2019 Ballhaus Rixdorf (Berlin, Germany)
Bianca Froese-Acquaye lives and works in Berlin and Vienna.
Besides her painting she runs the music label EASTGATE MUSIC & ARTS representing the electronic pioneers Tangerine Dream that her husband Edgar Froese founded in 1967.
Currently she is organizing and curating worldwide exhibitions for the band: See ZEITRAFFER at the BARBICAN MUSIC LIBRARY in London: barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2020/event/tangerine-dream-zeitraffer
The touring exhibition project shall go via New York, Los Angeles etc. and end in Berlin with the setup of a SOUND ART museum for the pioneers of electronic music (tangaudimax.com).